May 16, 2023 (St. John’s, NL) – The Royal St. John’s Regatta Committee is now accepting nominations for 2023 inductees into the Royal St. John’s Regatta Hall of Fame.
The objectives of the Hall of Fame are to:
• To recognize, honour and pay tribute to individuals or crews on the basis of ability, sportsmanship, character and achievement or extra-ordinary distinction in fixed seat rowing, whether amateur or professional;
• To recognize, honour and pay tribute to those individuals, groups or associations who have given distinguished service and who have made a major contribution to the development and advancement of fixed seat rowing in Newfoundland; and
• To encourage the development of all aspects of fixed seat rowing by permanently recording the achievements and history of such individuals, groups, associations, or crews.
Nominations are open in the following categories:
• Coach/Coxswain; and
Please see www.stjohnsregatta.ca/hall-of-fame for further information and to complete a nomination package. Completed nomination packages can be submitted in-person, by mail or email.
Royal St. John’s Regatta Committee Hall of Fame
2nd Floor, Boathouse
10 Clancey Drive
St. John’s, Newfoundland A1A 5P5
Important timelines are follows:
• Deadline for Nomination Applications – June 9, 2023
• Inductees to be informed of Selection – July 12, 2023
• Hall of Fame Ceremony – July 26, 2023
The Royal St. John’s Regatta is the oldest continuing organizedsporting event in North America, with 2023 marking the organizations’ 205th anniversary. More information about the Royal St. John’s Regatta, including details regarding operations, learn to row programs, learn to coxswain programs, and resources on how to establish a rowing team can be found at www.stjohnsregatta.com
Director, Communications & Marketing
T: (709) 693-2722