The Royal St. John’s Regatta Committee, through the support of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, announces a Regatta Eve Concert on August 1, 2023 featuring:
· School of Rock – 5pm – 5:45pm;
· Old Contemporaries – 6pm – 7:15pm; and
· Siochana – 7:30pm – 9pm.
“We are thrilled to welcome guests to the shores of Quidi Vidi on Regatta Eve to share in the excitement of the coming 205th Royal St. John’s Regatta,” says Royal St. John’s Committee President, Noelle Kennell- Thomas. “Being pond side on Regatta Eve has become a part of many rowers, vendors and spectators’ Regatta week tradition. Feeling the air of anticipation, sampling some of the delicious food truck offerings, and playful banter amongst friends as to whether the races will be a go or not, will be made all the more special this year with music from talented local artists. Many thanks to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador for supporting this exciting and fun community event,” Kennell-Thomas added.
Metrobus will operate its load and go service between Confederation Building and Dominion, Kings Bridge Road between 5:30pm to 9:30pm on August 1, 2023. Accessible Metrobuses available.
The Royal St. John’s Regatta is pleased to partner with Inclusion NL once again this year. Inclusion NL will provide the following services:
– Volunteer support available at Inclusion NL Tent
– Large Print version of Race Day schedule
– Toll Free Number to call with accessibility inquires: 1-844-517-1376
– Text Number to Contact: 709-697-3323
– Golf Cart transportation provided by Bally Haly Country Club available from Kings Bridge Road bus stop to Quidi Vidi Lake
The 205th Royal St. John’s Regatta will take place on Wednesday, August 2 (weather permitting). Additional information about the regatta can be found at www.stjohnsregatta.com.
Director of Communications
Royal St. John’s Regatta Committee
T: (709) 693-2722